Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Dogs are holding me hostage.

Athena, my baby beagle or the mountain cur or my favorite rescue mutt, has gotten herself into a frenzy over car rides recently. So much of a frenzy that she now chases all the way down our driveway and into the main highway to catch a ride. She never used to do this. It's a recent behavior. Great lengths have been taken to keep her out of traffic while I leave for work or errands that dogs can't tag a long with. Goddess forbid someone break my window, because the dog is closed inside. As recent dream has revealed I kill over my Jeep. I'd more than likely cause severe torture and then death over my dog. Back to great lengths, she now not only knows how to open the sliding glass door, but she can unlock the lock on the door, AND she can lift the bar that blocks it from sliding! Dogs are smart. It's been so muddy recently and so cold that I don't want her in the Jeep. I just spent the weekend cleaning the mud and rocks out of it. I'd like it to remain smelly nice for a little while. While you might think this behavior is a "she misses me behavior," its not. When I'm home, she tucks herself away in a hole and sleeps the day away so she can torment me and keep me up all night with the let the doggy out to bark at the darkness, let the doggy in to lay on your extremities til they are numb and you can't walk to let the doggy out dance. She's so mean to me. I'm not allowed to leave and I'm not allowed to sleep.

Much to my displeasure, I'm being held hostage.

So here's a picture of my dogs last car ride. I took her a mile down the road to the dollar store and bought her a bag of her favorite "beefys."

No comments:

Post a Comment