Monday, November 7, 2016

Tools of the trade.

When it comes to being a witch there are definitely tools that you will come to use regularly and some not so much.

Some of my favorite things to collect whether they're to use or just to look pretty are in this list.

mortar and pestle  or an herb grinder.

Dowsing rods

wand or staff

pendulums

boards

mirrors

Ok so the point of this post really, is this

Other than mirrors everything on the list above is affordable some of them you can even make yourself.

Some people have irritated me with their use of money, or should I say their flashing it about like their expensive trinkets are so much better.

That is a big fuckin no it ain't honey.

When you pay for overpriced items that you can make yourself, you're paying for someone elses energy to be included in your magic.

Sure, I could have went out and bought pre-made rods for 10-35 bucks, but where's the fun in that? wheres the me in that?  Here's the simplicity of it, my dowsing rods, my husbands and a friend of ours hand made our rods for the three pair together we may have spent 15 bucks.
 Run to Lowes grab a copper Rod (they were about 3 bucks when I bough them) Cut them in half
shape them into an L. Run to Walmart grab a large packet of random wooden beads (mine cost about 4.50), put beads on the little part of the L. In my packet of beads there were little tear shaped beads with a smaller hole, I glued this to the end of the L to help the other beads stay.
Test them out in your yard, hold them by the beads, don't grip them to death, walk somewhere where you know there is water. Did they cross? bet they did! The best part? While they were being made, you had intention in mind-that intention- your energy- that's magic you worked into an item that you will be using.

On with my favorite wand (I have a few- one is a tigers eye with crystals attached, one is purchased stained green with a amethyst quarts, and my very favorite)
My favorite wand, is a piece of my favorite tree in my yard. Mother Maple. A storm came through one winter and again in the summer and it trashed her lovely canopy. I cried she's such a beautiful tree. So, I took her branches I sliced them up. ( another story here) But a few branches fit just so in the palm of your hands so I carved it down, I whittled away and then I coated it in wax. My beautiful maple wand.

The slices of mother maple- a wood burner- sand paper- home made runes.

Don't you ever let anyone tell you that their fancy smancy over priced witchy items are better than your home made items. It's totally just the opposite.  





No comments:

Post a Comment