Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Visiting!

So, I realize that my blog is not a very personal one. I'm good with that. It's not any of my business whats going on in my life. LMAO

Any how, I really just wanted to put this out there. I enjoy traveling. I love love love Gettysburg (Pennsylvania), Nashville (Tennessee) , and Salem (Massachusetts).

I sporadically make trips to PA just to visit The Crystal Wand in Gettysburg. Sure its like a 4 hour long drive through WV & PA and sure the miles add up, but there's so much there to see and so many neat shops. I didn't buy that Jeep to sit in the driveway and grow grass now did I? The Crystal Wand is where I have purchased, numerous decks of tarot cards, my favorite cauldron, books, a lot of crystals, herbs, sulfur, fairies and its the first place I ever saw black salt. The ladies there are AMAZING and wonderful and that shop smells so good you never want to leave. I have introduced at least two of my girlfriends to this beautiful little shop, and so if you ever get the chance to stop in and say hi. They're reasonably priced and they have a good bit of everything.

Last year I made 2 trips to Nashville and failed at visiting a single music related thing. I didn't find neat witchy shops like The Crystal Wand, but I did find it a very friendly vacation city and an artistic place to visit. I tried gyro for the first time there at The Blue Fig. Nashville is known for music, it is, but go for the art galleries. Other than the reason I went the first time, Athena's Parthenon Replica of course (which actually has an art exhibit in the basement), I went to see the post office, whose upper level is the Frist Art Museum. This building is gorgeous, the artwork spoke for itself. The show while I was there was human and the artists were teachers, students, crime scene investigators, they had numerous real jobs. They put a lot into their work. The one artist took broken glass and had it added to a remake of the jewelry of a gang related vehicle/shooting. Another had a video, you put on head phones and you hear a murder happening in the theater but you don't know if its an actual murder or the movie. There was a segment that related earth to human (a volcano that was most definitely a huge vagina- all new meaning to mother earth). Blurred school photos of Jewish children from the time of the Nazis with clothing from that era made it feel to close and to real.The color exhibit of the butterflies. Oh, and while your at the Frist, make sure to eat lunch! My next trip I'd really like to see the Bell Witch Cave.

Salem, so many lovely things about Salem. Do, visit the big huge church with the red glass windows. Avoid "the witch house" its small cramped not really organized in any particular way and it belonged to the judge. Do, visit the graveyard, Artemisia Botanicals, Crow Haven's Corner, Witch's Brew, the witch village is cute as hell, House of the Seven Gables, and that little sandwich shop by the parking garage (They have specialty sodas.).  Avoid those overly advertised "magic shops" like Hex, there are so many small shops that are less expensive and more friendly. Don't forget to stop into Count Orlok's, that place is cool. Check out the wax museum, its one of the only places you are allowed to take photos. Also go to The Witch Gaol. Get your tees at Which Tee's; the selection is huge! Check out near by Winter Island (Salem used to be a lot bigger and Winter Island was part of it.) Drive up to Russel Orchards in Ipswich, and grab some hot apple cider (seriously that stuff is the bomb!). And while your there, don't forget that Salem is a coastal city. Make sure you remember there's a pirate history there too. There's so much to do there, I really want to go back. I was there for the shortest 3 days in history, I feel like I missed so much.


So, on to the point of this blog, is there a place near or far away you suggest I visit? Where should Witchy go next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment