Thursday, December 8, 2016

Of the Day

Side note before we get started here. The information I'm including in this blog is just a few key notes on the subject at hand. I have books, and books of knowlege. For crystals I have 2 books, one that covers shapes and one that covers the stone. Each stone has around 2 pages of information. I'm sharing the pieces that I find interesting. I, also, have a whole shelf of herb books and how to use them I'm only posting a small bit of that information. Over 30 Decks of tarot cards and I'm trying to stick with just the basics of an easy to use deck that I don't necessarily use at all because the cards that match the info are just too big and it hurts my hands to shuffle. I have 2 books on runes both with pages for each rune. With that being said, if you are following me, please don't take this information as all there is to know about each item. There is so much to gain from doing research. The information that calls to my instincts may not be what calls to you. In my quick once over of the 4 books I chose to use for this "Of the Day" I may miss something. I'm human. I just want to get your train started down the tracks. I want you to take my information, catch something that interests you and run with it. If you are into Crystals, the book I'm starting with and using for this is The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. My current go to herb book- The Complete Herbs Sourcebook- David Hoffmann. Runes ( I always use this book I've been studying it for years and every time I open it something new shows up) A Practical Guide to The Runes, author Lisa Peschel. The tarot deck I'm following for reference Cachet Tarot Reading. I love research. I'm a knowledge hoarder. I love me a good book store! Now, on to the blog!

Crystal 

Amber

Golden Brown or Yellow- any Green you find is artificially colored


While in Salem I learned that Amber is usually solidified and fossilized pine sap or resin from a tree sap. I had no idea! I'm guessing this is why you will sometimes find it with insects in it. I'm allergic to pine, so the lady at the counter found it very odd that I was drawn to it first of all the stones in her shop. 
Opaque or transparent resin, insects or vegitation trapped inside
Easily obtained
Britain, Poland, Italy, Romania, Russia, Germany, Myanmar, Dominica

Amber has strong connections with earth, Strictly speaking it is not a crystal. It is a grounding stone for higher energies. The stone is a powerful healer and cleanser that draws dis-ease from the body and tissue revitalization. It also cleans chakras by absorbing nagative energies and transmuting them into postitive forces that stimulate the body to heal itself.
This stone can help counter act suicidal or depressive tendencies.
Its known to absorb pain and negative energy, allows the body to rebalance and heal itself. Amber alleviates stress. Its resonates with the throat, treating goiters and other throat problems. It treats the stomach, spleen, kidneys, bladder, liver, and gallbladder, alleviates joint problems, and strengthens the mucus membranes.
As an elixir and for wound healing, it is an excellent natural antibiotic.
You should wear this stone for prolonged periods on your wrist or throat. If giving it to a child, the mother should wear it first.

Herb 

Avens

I'm trying to stick with old fashion photos or sketches in my post; I find them appealing to my eye. 

Parts Used: Roots and aerial
Collection: Roots are collected in the spring when they are richest in oils. Aerial is collected in July when the flowers are at their best. 
Actions: Astringent, styptic, diaphoretic, aromatic.
Helps with diarrhea, dysentry, mucous colitis and similar conditions. Settles Nausea and allays vomiting
 Place one teaspoon of root in a cup of cold water, bring to boil, let simmer 5 minutes. 3 times daily 

Rune 

Kenaz

This rune symbolizes fire- the friendly, warm, controlled flame of the torch or the hearth. 
Kenaz represents strength, energy, and power. It stresses the importance of a good positive attitude. Upright it is a protective sign indicating a respite from worries and a time when trials will be few and manageable. 
Reversed it shows an ending, signifies a loss, or that an offer will be withdrawn.  

Tarot

V The Hierophant


The spiritual father of the deck; he is a teacher, mentor, a leader-especially of tradition. 
Represents kindness and a desire to conform
Reversed: delayed ambitionand kindness to the point of foolishness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment