Friday, December 2, 2016

Smudging... I have a book for that!! What?!

Book: Sacred Smoke
Author: Harvest McCampbell

So I'm just gonna leave this smidge of information here from the book, because 1. I haven't read it yet
2. I believe the book is by an independant publisher and 3. because I really believe everyone should support the little guy. The little guy is the foundation of all things large after all.

Smudge sticks can be made from: Balsam Fir, Mint, Bayberry, Mugwort, California Bay, Mullein, Cedar, Pine, Desert Sage, Spruce, Epazote, Sweet Grass, Fennel, Uva Ursi, Hemlock, Wild Tobacco, Juniper, Yerba Santa.
You can use the gum, resin, rood & sap.

The book is fairly inexpensive. I bought it in Gettysburg at a handmade soap shop for 10 bucks. It covers gathering herbs for medicine and ceremony in a Sacred Way passed on by the authors grandmother who was an Iroquois Onondaga Oswegatchie Native American. Traditions of a lost people.

Now on to the purposes of smudging :)

Smudging clears away negative, purifies the air. I have also used it in the woods in ceremony with friends as a way to represent elements and form a protective barrier of negative energies that may be lurking about.

A good informative web sites: 
http://www.sageandsmudge.com/
 http://spiritualityhealth.com/articles/ancient-art-smudging
http://www.crystalinks.com/smudging.html

I don't just want to inform you, I want you to research. I want you to build yourself a very informative, helpful Book of Shadows, grimoire, Witch notes, or whatever you may call it. I don't want you to swarm in my head and be clouded by my personality and opinions. I want you to challenge yourself, learn, form your own opinions, create your own rituals, and be a separate being

No comments:

Post a Comment